Sunday, June 1, 2014

"How are you?

I'm finding that it's me who has to console others, rather than the other way around when they come to see me.
"How are you?" they say.
What can I reply?
"I'm dying"?
"I'm getting weaker."
Do I say "Don't worry, I'm not sad"?

How can I be sad?
I've lived for ninety years and it's been an interesting procedure.
First I acted on stage - I came to Canada, this great and wonderful country. I had ten children then the privilege to paint. I discovered writing and the making of books. I found Willy and shared his wit with the world. At this moment all my children are alive and I'm proud of them. 
I have friends who can break your heart with their caring and devotion.
I've seen the beauty of this planet in different countries.

Having known myself and told other women, we can come to that insurmountable desolation and although we find it impossible to believe, we CAN and WILL rise up - blossom in a way which stuns us and surpass all expectations to accomplish undreamed of events!

Hospice assures me I will die without pain and every day here is full of loving care - so I'm not sad
I am grateful Doris.

Will type more tomorrow - dear son Ted just left.
Kathy - My flower is to be the Daffodil. The Herald of Spring - thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Doris, my name is Pam and I am friends with Mark and Lorna. I have been delightedly exploring your blog...what an amazing woman you are. I wish I'd been able to meet you in person, but I don't expect that will be possible (I live on the Island). You are in my thoughts and prayers as you live out your final days...you've left an amazing legacy!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete