Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Archives

Val Billingsberger came - she's the big cheese in the Mission Archives.
Didn't even know we had an Archives? Well it's because of Val that we've got a climate controlled housing for Mission's history which is no small accomplishment. (If I've got that wrong you can correct me and I will make it right.)
Val is also responsible to honour three or four women a year in what is known as Pathfinders and no other town in Canada can boast of that. When asked why she doesn't honour the men she says "They are looked after very well."
She brought some lovely pale blue and white flowers.

One reason she came is that I don't know what or how many of my things she's interested in housing in the Archives and was thrilled to hear her say "I'm going to find out how we can get your blog copied and kept for your history."

Joy is here with me tapping on her lap-top while I'm blogging. Modern-day visiting but comforting for me.

Brenda and Rex came last night and brought little dog "Muffin" she's called that because when she was picked up she was curled in a brown circle, looking like a muffin. She looked at me as if she cared about my situation.

Paul, you'll have to find a name for my bed which I call an island - please.
Staff are anxious for me to have legal "representation as to my wishes for death.
I've told my children and staff my wishes.
They say there may be trouble at the end (as if there isn't enough trouble day by day!) A social worker will come Thursday and maybe Brenda can come 10 -11 am ?

Apparently there's a Hospice office across the road who has grief counselling etc. and Natalie came today. Nobody I know is aware of an extra building for a Hospice  office and there are various comic
 ideas of what is where and what it does.
Wendy - cheery Wendy came to make us laugh and a friend from the arts centre came saying she was not aware that I was ill - which is sad.

Pat phoned and sounded as if he's starting to get going on moving out to Van.Island. He's repairing one crack in the house as another crack appears in another wall because of Winnipeg's gummy-swampy soil.
Brenda's coming - Dario is calling Joy for the car so I'll close
signed busy Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment